The latest update on Vietnam Work Permit Policy in 2021
The Decree 152 has taken effect from 15 Feb 2021 with new regulations related to Work Permit for foreigners. With an aim to help both Vietnamese employers and foreign workers to prepare, we therefore will provide you with the necessary documents to get a Vietnam work permit.
Basically, there are 6 unchanged required documents as follows.
- The approval letter issued by Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs on the demand of using foreign workers;
- The letter for issuance of work permit from Vietnamese employer (Form N11/PLI under Decree 152/2020/ND-CP);
- Foreign or Vietnamese criminal records;
- Health check certificate issued within 12 months to the submission date;
- Notarised of the full pages of passport;
- 4×6 cm passport photos.
For new changes on some documents, 4 main positions listed need to be prepared the following equivalent documents
- All documents convincing that the foreigner is a manager or capital contributor of the company;
- Or all documents confirming that the foreigner is the head, deputy, executive director based on the company’s regulations.
Expert working under labor contracts
- Bachelor’s degree and experience certificate of at least 3 years in the same position which is working in Vietnam;
- Or At least 5 years of experience certification relevant to the job expected to work in Vietnam;
- Or Decision agreed by the Prime Minister under the request of the Department of Labout, Invalids and Social Affairs.
Technical worker under labor contracts
- At least 1 year training in the technical field or at least 3 year experience in the major;
- Or at least 5 year of practical experience relevant to the job position in Vietnam.
Manager, expert, technical worker rolling as internal transfer labor in the enterprise
- All documents convincing that the the foreigner is an expert or a technical worker under the new current regulations;
- And all documents of the parent enterprise or organization in the foreign country who send the employee to work in Vietnam with the appropriate job position.
We hope this information is helpful and in case you need further support, our consultants are always standing by to support you promptly.