Vietnam Tourist Visa (DL) is among the most popular Vietnam visa types. Vietnam tourist visa is valid for up to 3 months (single entry visa or multiple entry visa), can be extended or renewed one time when you are in Vietnam
To put it simple, a Vietnam tourist visa is provided for foreigners coming to Vietnam to travel. It is not valid for those with working purposes.
General information about Vietnam tourist visa
Nationals from certain countries on the list of Vietnam visa exemption may come to Vietnam without a visa for a period of time.
If you do not come from exempted countries, you need to meet the requirements below:
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the day you entry to Vietnam (temporary passport is not accepted)
- Your passport should have at least 02 remaining blank pages for entry visa stamps.
- 2 acceptable visa photos
Classification of Vietnam tourist visa
- 1-month single entry (valid for 1 month, enter Vietnam 1 time during 1 month).
- 3-month single entry (valid for 3 month, enter Vietnam 1 time during 3 months)
- 1-month multiple entry (valid for 1 month, leave and enter Vietnam many times during 1 month)
- 3-month multiple entry (valid for 3 month, leave and enter Vietnam many times during 3 months)
Note: American can apply for a multiple entry 1-year Vietnam visa
How to apply for a Vietnam tourist visa?
There are two ways:
- Apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival. You can apply online for the visa approval letter first, then get a Vietnam visa stamp at Vietnam international airport.
- Apply a Vietnam visa at the Embassy of Vietnam in your countries.
Fee for Vietnam tourist visa
Fee for the Vietnam tourist visa depends on how you apply for the Vietnam visa.
+ Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassies: depending on each embassy
+ Vietnam visa on arrival: you will pay two types of fees: (1) the service fee for getting a visa approval letter (you will make an online payment to us). We will work with the Vietnam Immigration Department to get it and send it to you via email. This fee may be different depending on the types of visa, the number of people applying for the visa and the processing time. (2) the stamping fee which is paid directly at Immigration Counter at Vietnam airport. Stamping fee is fixed with different types of visa.
Example: You have to pay 42$ for 1-month single entry tourist visa ( including 17$ paid online to us and 25$ paid directly at airport)
|Type of visa||Service fee||Stamping fee|
|1 month single entry||17 USD||25 USD|
|1 month multiple entry||22 USD||50 USD|
|3 months single entry||27 USD||25 USD|
|3 months multiple entry||55 USD||50 USD|
The above service fee is for two working days, if you want to get an urgent Vietnam visa, you have to pay an additional fee.
- 10 USD/person to get a visa approval letter within 1 working day;
- 20 USD/person to get a visa approval letter within 4 working hours;
- 45 USD/person to get a visa approval letter within 2 working hours.
The processing time
Visa processing time depends on the method you apply for a Vietnam visa and the holidays in Vietnam and other countries.
- Visa on arrival: It takes about 2-4 working days to get a visa approval letter. If you want to get an urgent visa, the working time can be 2-4 hours.
- Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy: it takes about 5 days to receive visa documents via post office.
Frequently asked questions:
I am Canadian and my husband is British. Can we apply for a Vietnam 1 year tourist visa?
No. Vietnam 1-year tourist visa currently only applies to US citizens. Other nationals can apply for a Vietnam 1-month tourist visa or a Vietnam 3-month tourist visa.
Is the procedure for applying for a Vietnam tourist visa at Vietnamese embassies in countries the same?
No. The procedures, required documents, processing time and costs of Vietnam tourist visa at Vietnamese embassy may vary among different embassies. If you want to apply for a Vietnam visa at Vietnamese embassy, please contact at the nearest Vietnamese Embassy directly for more information.
What information do I need to provide when I apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival?
You have to provide the below information:
- Your full name on your passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Departure date: It can be estimated departure date
Vietnam visa tourist extension?
Question: I extended my Vietnam tourist visa for 90 days after my visa expired. What should I do if I want to stay in Vietnam within the next 1 month?
Answer: Because Vietnam tourist visa can only be extended one time, you need to exit from Vietnam and then apply for a new one-month visa to re-enter to Vietnam.