Procedures of Vietnam temporary residence card extension
The extension or renewal of the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card leaves you with many questions or trouble in the process because you do not have any previous experience. We know that most foreigners really want to clarify the Vietnam Temporary Residence extension problem, so we decided to create a tutorial to help you with the process.
All you have to do is feel refreshed and read our article step by step as we have been working hard to select useful information about the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card to be able to help you. After a long stay in Vietnam, you want to extend your Temporary Residence Card (TRC) in order to extend your stay in Vietnam for the purpose of working or living with family / relatives. However, you may be confused about the complicated process and steps to apply for a Temporary Residence Card Extension.
All you need to know about Vietnam Temporary Residence Card (TRC)
Temporary residence cards are issued to investors, shareholders, foreigners issued with work permits and relatives of the temporary residence card holders. Passports are valid for 1 to 5 years, with at least one month period compared to their passports and not be issued to holders of passports with a validity period of less than one year.
In case a foreigner has a temporary residence card but due to a number of reasons such as an out of page passport to change a new card or lose a temporary residence card for exit and entry, they must change the temporary residence card or go through the procedure to renew it according to the existing card at (for lost case).
Where to apply for a Vietnam temporary residence card?
The following contact information is the three major immigration departments in all three major regions of Vietnam – the North, the Central and the South:
- Ho Chi Minh City – South
+ Immigration Department of Ho Chi Minh City Police: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
+ Immigration Department of Public Security: 254 Nguyen Trai, District 1
- In the Central region – Da Nang
+ Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
+ Immigration Department of Police: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- North – Hanoi
+ Immigration Department of Ministry of Public Security: 44-46 Tran Phu, Hanoi, Vietnam
+ Immigration Department of Police: 44 Pham Ngoc Thach, Phuong Lien, Dong Da, Hanoi
How long does it take to apply for a temporary residence card?
- For extension/new issuance: Processing time is from 05 – 07 working days from the date of complete dossier received;
- For case of temporary residence card loss: Processing time is 14 working days from the date of complete application received.
Who can apply for the extension of a Vietnam temporary residence card?
- Members of a limited liability company with two or more members;
- Owner of a one-member limited liability company;
- Member of the Board of Directors of a joint stock company;
- Foreign lawyers have been licensed by the Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam in accordance with the law;
- Foreigners with work permits, working in different types of foreign enterprises, representative offices of foreign companies;
- Experts, students and trainees who are working and studying in national programs and projects signed between ministries and approved by the Government;
- Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 years old of the resident card holder).
Required documents to apply for Vietnam temporary residence card extension
Temporary Residence Card extension will not be issued if the applicant’s passport is valid for less than one year and the residence card validity will always be at least one month shorter than that of the person’s passport.
Temporary residence card extension for foreigners with work permits:
- The notarized copy of the legal entity dossier of the guaranteed agency, organization or enterprise applying for the temporary residence card, depending on each specific case, may need the following documents:
+ Investment certificate; Certificate of business registration; Representative office establishment license; Subsidiaries (including written announcement of activity);
+ Seal registration certificate; Certificate of tax code registration (if any);
- A written request for temporary residence card (form NA6) must include the signature and seal of the legal representative of the company;
- The foreign applicant’s information declaration (form NA8) must be signed by the applicant;
- Two (2) passport sized photos (2cm x3cm);
- Original applicant’s passport;
- Valid and suitable visas of Vietnam (LD / DN)
- Notarized copy of work permit or work permit exemption paper;
- Proof of residence registration certified by the local police station
Extension of temporary residence card for relatives / spousal relationship:
Please note that in case of being accompanied by a relative, there must be documents proving the relationship such as: birth certificate, marriage registration, household registration book (these documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese, minus cases of consular legalization exemption under the provisions of Article 9 of Decree No. 111/2011 / ND-CP dated
December 5, 2011 by the Government on consular certification and legalization.)