Hanoi: Guide 5 groups of foreigners on entry and medical isolation
Hanoi People’s Committee has just issued Document No. 2318/UBND-KGVX dated July 21, 2021 guiding the receipt and handling of dossiers for agencies and organizations that have foreigners on entry , medical isolation in Hanoi city to prevent and control the Covid-19 epidemic.
Accordingly, foreigners entering Hanoi must comply with immigration regulations and medical isolation according to regulations of the Government, the National Steering Committee for Covid-19, and the Hanoi People’s Committee. People on entry will be quarantined at concentrated isolation facilities established by the city People’s Committee. In special cases, opinions of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 and the Steering Committee for Covid-19 in Hanoi City are required.
Organizations and agencies that have foreigners entering Hanoi in the following categories:
1. Organizations and agencies in Hanoi that have foreigners who are foreign experts and their relatives come to work with that agency or organization.
2. Organizations, agencies, schools (with training function) in Hanoi that have foreigners entering the country as students, foreign students studying at the school, units, cases of humanitarian and emergency entry, receive treatment at medical facilities in Hanoi city.
3. Organizations and agencies that have foreigners entering for diplomatic purposes, official duties, and relatives.
4. A foreigner invited or guaranteed by an agency or organization, is a diplomatic mission, a foreign consular office, a representative agency of an international organization, or a foreigner of other agencies or ministries. Central government departments and agencies (including foreign correspondents residing in Vietnam; foreign students studying in Vietnam under ministerial cooperation programs).
5. An agency or organization that is not located in Hanoi, has an entry list approved by the National Steering Committee for Covid-19, the Government Office, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Provincial People’s Committee.
Organizations and agencies that have foreigners entering group 1 shall send their dossier for entry to the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs; group 2, send the dossier to Hanoi Department of Health; group 3, send the dossier to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Group 4, agencies and organizations that invite and guarantee foreigners, foreign experts and relatives in Hanoi shall send dossiers to Hanoi Department of Health for review and report to the City People’s Committee for consideration and approval then send the dossier to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for guidance and settlement; group 5, send the dossier that has been approved by the competent authority on the entry list together with relevant documents to the Hanoi Department of Health for instructions on medical isolation.