Check status
Vietnam Visa ×
Support 8:00 - 22:00 (GMT+7)

Question and Answer

Promptly and conscientiously

Question: How do we both apply visa from here?

To whom it may concern,

Hi there, my name is Marcelo and I would like to apply for a visa to Vietnam as I’ll be travelling by land through Cambodia.

I hold a New Zealand passport and my girlfriend who is currently living in New Zealand holds a French passport.

How do we both apply from here?

I look forward to your response so I can get this process started as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Marcelo Sosa

In General Questions | Asked by Marcelo Sosa | September 16, 2016


Dear Marcelo Sosa,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to confirm that to enter Vietnam by crossing a land border, you need to have the official visa stamped in your passport prior to your arrival. Therefore the best way to obtain your visa is to apply via Vietnam Embassies/Consulates aboard. You can visit here to find the one that nearest your place or suitable the most with your itinerary.

Additionally, Vietnam Government has published a new Decree since 01 Jul 2016 (Vietnam time) to extend the Visa exemption policy for French passport holders staying in Vietnam within 15 days for another year until 30 Jun 2017 regardless of passport types and purpose of visit. To enjoy the visa free, the new entry date must be at least 30 days from your last exiting date in Vietnam using the visa exemption. If the time distance is less than 30 days, you still need to apply for a visa.

Therefore, if your girlfriend has not planned to visit Vietnam without a visa within 30 days before the start date of your trip and your trip is within 15 days, she will not need a visa.

We hope that the information above is helpful for you. Let us know should you have any further concern.

Best regards,

Kathy Nguyen (Ms.)

Sales Executive