Check status
Vietnam Visa ×
Support 8:00 - 22:00 (GMT+7)

Question and Answer

Promptly and conscientiously

Question: Going to Vietnam?

Xin Chao,

I hold a UK passport. End of the month am going OVERLAND from Thailand to Laos to Vietnam Crossing land border. Will they give me a 15 day exemption stamp. As I am going to live permanently in Vietnam. Can I then apply for a 3 months visa? Can you help? As I am moving belongings dogs and child. Did not want to get stuck in Savanakhet Embassy for 3 days ?

Can you help?

Roy Rowland

In General Questions | Asked by Roy Rowland | December 7, 2015


Dear Roy Rowland,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to confirm that as a UK passport holder, you are exempt for a Vietnam visa within 15 days single entry. However, since your are planning to stay in Vietnam longer than that period, a visa is required. There are two common ways to apply for a tourist visa to Vietnam as follows:

1. Applying for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassies/Consulates (effective for all citizens and all borders in Vietnam): If you are going to enter Vietnam by crossing a land border, you do need to go to the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam aboard to apply the visa in person. Kindly contact them for detailed procedure and fees. You can visit here to find the one that nearest your place.

2. Applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival with (applicable for air travellers only): If you find the procedure to apply for Vietnam visa at the Embassy is not suitable for your situation, you can consider to change your plan and take a flight to Vietnam so that you can apply online for a visa on arrival with us. It takes up to 2 working days to process and you can obtain the official visa stamp at any of Vietnam's international airports.

We hope that the information is clear enough and should you need further support, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Vietnam visa support team