From the first time established in Vietnam, many tourists have chosen the Visa On Arrival (VOA) to enter Vietnam. However, this type of Visa is only for tourists who reach Vietnam by air.
Travellers have to receive a visa approval letter before departing to Vietnam. Then, you can get a Visa stamp at 1 of the 8 International Vietnam Airports below:
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport
- Cat Bi International Airport
- Lien Khuong International Airport
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information on how to get your visa stamp at Vietnam International Airports. But first, you should refer to some tips for preparing necessary documents before departing to Vietnam to save your time at the airport.
- Your original passport has to remain at least 6 months available from the day you enter Vietnam and has at least 2 empty pages.
- You have to bring a copy of your Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
- You should fill out all the information in the Vietnam Entry and Exit Form before landing at the airport. You can get this form on the plane or we will send it to you by email if you register the Visa Application via us.
- Visa stamping fee: 25 USD/a single entry visa, 50 USD/3 months multiple entry visa, 95 USD/6 months multiple entry visa, or 135 USD/a year multiple entry visa.
For more information: The process of applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival at the Airport
How to get a visa stamp at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)?
At Tan Son Nhat International Airport, you will get the visa stamp at the Landing Visa counter on the left of the Arrival area.
These are all the steps you should follow to get the visa stamp:
- Right after landing, go to the Landing Visa counter and give them your passport, a print of Vietnam Approval Letter, Vietnam Entry and Exit Form that you have filled out on the plane, and 2 portrait pictures (4x6cm). After that, you just need the immigration staff to deal with your documents and put the stamp into your passport.
- Within waiting time, you should pay attention to the landing visa counter and wait for the immigration staff calling you to pay the stamping fee (you can pay by cash, USD, or the other currencies that you have). The staff will give back to you the passport with the stamp and the Visa stamping fee invoice.
- You should check your information carefully before moving to the Security checkpoint. If you find out any incorrect information, you should tell the immigration staff immediately to solve the problem.
How to get a visa stamp at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi?
At Noi Bai International Airport, the Landing Visa is opposite to the Security checkpoint and named Visa Upon Arrival. Be aware that this position is quite hard to see.
If you want to get the visa on arrival at Noi Bai airport, you need to follow these steps to get the visa stamp:
- First, you must go to Visa on Arrival counter, give them your passport, a print of approval letter, the Vietnam entry and exit form, 2 portrait images and wait for them to work with the papers.
- You should pay full attention in case the airport is crowded, as the immigration staff will hand up your passport and shout out your name.
- When they call out your name, go there and pay the visa stamping fee and receive your passport with the stamp. You should check your information again carefully.
After making sure that there is no incorrect information, you can go to the Security Checkpoint to get the visa stamp to enter Vietnam.
How to get a visa stamp at Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang?
When you arrive at Da Nang International Airport, follow the directions to the Visa on Arrival counter. In this counter, you need to get in the row and wait for your turn.
- Give the immigration staff all the papers that you had prepared before.
- After taking your information, the staff will check them and then call out your name when they are done. You need to go there and give them the visa stamping fee.
- You will have to do the payment at the Cashier counter next to the Visa on Arrival counter.
- Then, you can take back your passport with the stamp.
Because the Da Nang International Airport is not always crowded, you may need to spend approximately 15 minutes to get the stamp if you prepare enough required documents. After checking your information again, the final thing you have to do is going to the Security checkpoint and let the staff stamp in your passport.
How to get a visa stamp at Cam Ranh, Cat Bi, Lien Khuong, Can Tho, and Phu Quoc International Airpor?
After arriving at these airports, you need to get to the Visa On Arrival counter and do all the formalities as the above airports.
In general, you must wait for about 15 – 30 minutes, or even an hour to get the visa stamp in the rush hour or festivity period. In case you do not want to wait for it too long, you can use our Arrival Fast Track Service.
These are the detailed directions to get the visa stamp at the airports to enter Vietnam. If you have any questions, please contact us on telephone +84 9 8852 2908 or email to [email protected]